Nailed it or failed it? According to a recent Hotwire survey, nearly half (41%) of Americans have failed Valentine’s Day. Which means, chances are your readers may be in desperate need of a Valentine’s Day do over … and what’s more romantic than a last-minute weekend getaway? Here are a few additional statistics in case you needed a little more convincing:
- Two-thirds of Americans are more likely to have sex on Valentine’s Day if their partner gave them an exciting gift
- 77% of Americans would be more excited by a weekend getaway than a piece of jewelry or a watch
- A third (33%) of men have admitted to giving a disappointing Valentine’s Day gift, compared to just 15% of women
- 61% of single Americans would rather go on a weekend getaway with their friends, compared to just 39% who would prefer an extravagant date
- Over 2 in 5 (41%) Americans have been given a disappointing Valentine’s Day gift
With Hotwire’s everyday Hot Rates that already have steep deals of up to 60% off, the stacked savings can help you get an unexpected trip for less than you thought.