Nailed it or failed it? According to a recent Hotwire survey, nearly half (41%) of Americans have failed Valentine’s Day. Which means, chances are your readers may be in desperate need of a Valentine’s Day do over … and what’s more romantic than a last-minute weekend getaway? Here are a few additional statistics in case you needed a little more convincing:
- Two-thirds of Americans are more likely to have sex on Valentine’s Day if their partner gave them an exciting gift
- 77% of Americans would be more excited by a weekend getaway than a piece of jewelry or a watch
- A third (33%) of men have admitted to giving a disappointing Valentine’s Day gift, compared to just 15% of women
- 61% of single Americans would rather go on a weekend getaway with their friends, compared to just 39% who would prefer an extravagant date
- Over 2 in 5 (41%) Americans have been given a disappointing Valentine’s Day gift
With Hotwire’s everyday Hot Rates that already have steep deals of up to 60% off, the stacked savings can help you get an unexpected trip for less than you thought.
Valentine’s Day Sale – Book on February 15-19, 2019 in app or Hotwire.com
Wakefield Methodological Notes – The Hotwire Vday Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research (www.wakefieldresearch.com) among 1,000 nationally representative U.S. adults ages 18+ between January 28 and February 1, 2019, using an email invitation and an online survey. Quotas have been set to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the U.S. adult population ages 18+.
Giveaways + Sweepstakes
Enter sweepstakes & giveaways and enter to win a free honeymoon when you join. New winners are announced every week!