Personal and professional service 100% FREE!
1. Chalkboard Frame – Give memories that last a lifetime with a quirky twist! The chalkboard picture frames are perfect wedding favors to keep friends and family laughing for years. Simply place a picture in the frame, write a personalized message in chalk and watch their faces light up at the memories of the special events in life.
2. Gold Tealight Holder - Let elegance reign supreme on your wedding day with touches of gold that glow. Bring a gorgeous shimmer to your reception tables with our “Golden Renaissance” glass tealight holder wedding favor–a shining symbol of your bright future!
3. Personalized Credit Card Bottle Opener - These personalized credit card bottle openers are a baby shower favor guests will be able to use daily. You can make these bottle openers extra special by having them customized with one of our creative baby designs that come in a variety of colors. These personalized bottle opener favors will make the perfect thank you gift.
4. Personalized Hot Sauce - When your romance has sizzled from the start, your wedding reception is the perfect place to share the secret with your guests! Favor them all with a personalized, prized bottle of “five pepper” hot sauce-guaranteed your guests will remember your celebration and the “hot” time they had! Features and facts.
5. Bamboo Cheese Board- Heartfully designed for people who love cheese (which includes just about everyone!), the “Tastefully Yours” Bamboo Cheese Board, with its matching spreader takes practical, unique wedding favors to a whole new level!
6. Personalized Rustic Wedding Themed Shot Glass / Votive Holder - Shot glass votive holders serve as a beautiful reminder of your memorable rustic wedding. They are also a multifunctional wedding favor combined into a thoughtful gift. Guests can use them to add their favorite scented votive candles, or to enjoy a delicious beverage. They come in beautiful colors and creative designs, and are personalized with your wedding date and names.
Check out more wedding favors at MyWedding.com!
Hiring the right team is critical to planning your dream wedding, and it can also be quite stressful. Some of the many questions that you might have include:
How do you find the right match for you? How do you know who to trust? Where do you go for advice?
First of all, this is not an easy task and it’s totally normal if you feel overwhelmed, frustrated, or even confused. It’s not like you plan a wedding every day! This is all probably brand new to you, so be patient with yourself. Let’s start with the first question: How do you pick the wedding vendors who are right for YOU?
First of all, STYLE, PERSONALITY, and PROFESSIONALISM are the biggest things to look for. You want to hire vendors who your guests will feel comfortable with, because the more comfortable your guests are the more FUN they will have. Each vendor should also match the style and the vision that you have in mind for your wedding.
Here are 8 Must Ask Questions to ask ALL your potential wedding professionals before booking:
1. How many weddings do you do per year? How much experience do you have?
There are two extremely important questions. Ideally, your wedding professional should have lots of experience, specifically with weddings. Not only does this make them more skilled in their craft, but this also makes them a valuable source of information. It ensures that your wedding day goes smoothly.
2. How much do you charge?
Price is often relative, especially when you factor in experience, reputation, and expertise. Generally, the most talented professionals have a higher price tag because they are worth it.
3. How much is the deposit?
This question is pretty straightforward. The deposit amounts vary widely depending on the overall cost of the services you’re purchasing.
4. What specifically is included in that cost?
Because packages often vary, it’s likely that you won’t be able to compare one vendor exactly to the next without doing a little figuring. Keep in mind that the lowest cost isn’t necessarily the best deal; some higher quotes include services that you have to pay extra for in other packages. Make sure you take this into account.
5. What happens if I cancel? What happens if you cancel?
Find out if your deposit is refundable under any conditions. Does the wedding professional have a back up plan if something happens to them? This is important, since you might be stuck without the crucial services that you paid for if they do not have a plan in place.
6. Do you use a contract?
If the answer is, “No,” RUN! A contract is designed to protect both you and the wedding professional. Don’t settle for a verbal agreement that won’t hold up in court.
7. Are there any additional fees?
Taxes, service charges and travel fees can add up quickly. Make sure that you understand exactly what is included and if there are any other fees that you’ll have to pay. This should be clearly defined in your contract.
8. Do you carry liability insurance?
The answer you’re looking for here is, “Yes.” This protects you in case an unfortunate accident should occur on your wedding day. It’s also a sign that you’re dealing with a reputable business, since most “fly by night” operations don’t invest in insurance.
One final bit of advice: READ YOUR CONTRACT. Make sure you understand everything that’s written and ask questions if you don’t. There IS no stupid question, except for the one you don’t ask. Make sure you know the price as well as cancellation and refund policies.
Lastly, GO WITH YOUR GUT. If something feels “off” about the wedding vendor, then you’re probably right. Make sure you feel comfortable with him or her.
Remember: if chosen wisely, the right wedding vendors will give you expert help and advice on every aspect of your wedding…for free!
Article Submitted by Dana Kropf of Stewart Family Farm Outdoor Weddings and Events
Rustic weddings are one of the most popular trends for 2014-2015 weddings. With the ever growing popularity it’s no wonder that rustic wedding accessories are some of top selling items. From a burlap wedding guest book to a vintage lace garter you’ll find accessories for both your ceremony and reception. Today we feature some of best selling burlap wedding accessories and rustic wedding decor.
Featured Wedding Accessories:
1. Country Blossom Thank You Cards
Your guests will love receiving these Country Blossom Thank You Cards. Each Kraft thank you card has “Thank You from the New Mr. and Mrs.” printed in white inside a beautiful vintage floral design. Blank inside.
2. Personalized Burlap Aisle Runner with Vineyard Monogram
The Vineyard Monogram is a fun, vintage detail for a rustic wedding with vintage flair. Use this chic aisle runner outdoors or bring the outdoors indoors! May be personalized with your initials either at the bottom of the runner (entrance) or the top of the runner (ceremony) in your choice of eight colors. A heart will be placed in between the two initials.
3. Burlap & Lace Ring Pillow
This Burlap & Lace Ring Pillow is made from a burlap material and is adorned with an intricate lace design, an ivory flower and a natural peacock feather. The flower is finished with shimmering rhinestones and elegant pearls.
4. Taupe Vintage Wide Garter
This sophisticated and sexy Taupe Vintage Wide Garter is made up of a wide, soft band of taupe lace, feathers and two flowers in ivory and taupe. The ivory flower is accented with a pearl and rhinestone gem, making it a lovely keepsake for the bride.
5. Naturally Vintage Tent Favor Boxes
These Naturally Vintage Tent Favor Boxes are perfect for weddings, bridal showers, anniversary parties or any special event that needs a vintage touch. Just place your favorite treat inside (not included). These Kraft tent style favor boxes have a silver foil lace design and includes a 5/8″ x 12″ long white satin ribbon. Each package contains 25 favor boxes.
6. Lace Baroque Favor Fans
Lace Baroque Favor Fans are a beautiful and practical favor for your guests attending your summer wedding or special event. These Kraft, baroque shaped favor fans have a beautiful floral design and will keep your guests cool during the wedding ceremony or reception. Fans are one-sided and have wooden handles. Personalize the fans with your names and date in your choice of font. Printed in black ink only. Customer assembly required, adhesive strips included to assemble. Each package contains 48 favor fans.
7. A Promise Made Jewelry Book Box
The “A Promise Made Jewelry Book Box” is a very unique alternative to the traditional ring bearer pillow. It was designed with the antique charm of a classic romance novel in mind. It was meant to simulate a library book and includes a special place to write and keep your wedding vows as well as a jewelry compartment to discreetly store your wedding rings after your wedding day. A wonderful keepsake for the bride!
8. A – Z Ceramic Letter Dishes
These Ceramic Letter Dishes are perfect for any occasion, whether it be a wedding, anniversary, graduation, Quinceanera, Sweet 16, baby showers or any special occasion! Fill with goodies and display on your dessert table, candy buffet or reception tables. Also available in Ceramic Number Dishes that are perfect for anniversaries, birthday parties, graduation and more.
9. Chalkboard Place Cards
Add a touch of rustic flair with these Chalkboard Place Cards. Perfect for any occasion and any theme! Can also be used at your candy buffet or dinner buffet.
10. Here Comes The Bride Burlap Sign
The perfect wedding accessory for the rustic theme wedding ceremony. This Here Comes the Bride Burlap Sign will announce to the guests that the bride will soon be walking down the aisle. Instead of the traditional ring bearer pillow and flower girl basket, have the little ones in your wedding carry this burlap sign that reads: “Here Comes the Bride” in black. Wooden dowl included.
We love this rustic outdoor wedding that took place at Stony Point Hall in KS. The mix of yellow, eggplant, and gray is the perfect wedding color palette. The simple yellow and white bouquets are the perfect accent to the eggplant bridesmaid dresses and the groomsmen had a great billy ball boutonniere that popped against their gray suits. The wedding decor was simple and not overstated. We loved all of their fun wedding ideas – they made cute rustic wedding favors out of jars and Hershey kisses topped with tulle, they set out a disposable camera for guests to capture fun wedding moments, and they even had a grand sparkler exit! Take a peek at all of the great do it yourself wedding touches.
Photographer: Grant Watkins Photography
Venue: Stony Point Hall
Cake: The Dreamy Bakery
Florist: Andrea K. Grist Floral Designs
- There isn’t enough time to get nervous
- You don’t have time to overwhelm yourself with too many options or choices
- Keeps your wedding more streamlined with less time to over think and
- Helps you to keep your budget under control
- Many of the 100s of options available to brides with long engagements will not be available on such short notice; fewer options available to you on a short turn around
- Less locations with availability to choose from
- You may not get what you’ve been dreaming of for your wedding day
- You’ll have more time to make careful selections/ choices to custom create your ideal wedding day
- You’ll have every option under the sun available to you; within budget
- You’ll be able to have more time to save more money and space out payments to the professionals assisting you in creating your dream wedding
- You usually go over budget
- Most brides change their mind a couple of times on everything from décor, location, menu, colors and many of the other 100s of choices available to todays brides
- You have time to get nervous and as a result; a couple of mild break downs
- Parents have time for the realization that their little girl is leaving home
- Family and friends will try to talk you out of what you envisioned
Article Submitted by: Jennifer Lane, A Memory Lane Event & Wedding
When couples use our “Free Sandals Honeymoon Planning Service“, one of the most frequent questions asked is: “When should I book my Sandals honeymoon?” The short answer is: To get the best price and the best rooms, we recommend that you book at least 1 year in advance.
Because of their unique blend of romance, private seclusion, quality inclusions like watersports and gourmet dining, and value, Sandals is more sought after than your typical resort. The rooms at Sandals book out further in advance, so if you wait too long, the Sandals resort you want might be sold out!
This isn’t just your average vacation, it’s your HONEYMOON – We want everything to be perfect. We want to get you the perfect room that you’ve dreamed of, in the perfect part of the resort that fits your style and mood, and at the best price. But we need to start early to get you that.
The other thing to remember is that pricing and sales incentives change on a daily basis. Early on, there are more empty rooms, Sandals wants to fill those rooms, so they offer more sales and incentives. As it gets closer to your travel date, and more and more rooms are already booked, there is less need to offer sales and incentives. So in effect, the price of the room goes up the longer you wait to book.
One of the many perks you get by booking through Wedding Vibe, is our Price Watch Guarantee. This means we watch your room for you after you book, and if a better price should be offered, we make sure you get the better price. Even after you’ve put down your deposit!
Another nice thing, is that Sandals allows you to book your room and lock into the current sale price with only a $400 deposit!
The $400 deposit holds your room, and the current sale price and any promotions. The full balance is not due until 45 days before your travel date. And when you book through Wedding Vibe, we can make any changes for you during that time. If you pay your deposit but then need to change your room type, travel dates, or even your resort we can make that happen.
Our Sandals Honeymoon Planning Service is completely free of charge to you. Our prices are Sandals direct, so you know you are getting the best price possible! Let one of our Sandals Specialists match you up with the perfect resort that fits exactly what you’re looking for! There’s something for everyone at Sandals!
See what other couples are saying about our free service on our Testimonials page.
Check out this elegant purple winter wedding! Jamye and Rick hit it off from their very first date, they even went out the following night! Their winter wedding was just beautiful with all hues of purple and gray accents. We love the simple and elegant wedding decor. The crisp white wedding cake looked too pretty to eat and be sure to check out the simple sparkly cake topper. The couple chose simple wedding stationery and paired it with gorgeous floral decor to create and understated wedding look.
Photos: Shawna Hinkel Photography
Event Planner: Southern Stems
Cake: Tart Bakery
DJ: SPiN DJ Entertainment
Hair: Amazing Beauty
Dress: Patsy’s Bridal
Check out Basic Invite for a huge selection of custom wedding invitations, save the dates, and more! At BasicInvite.com, they have a large selection of personalized wedding invitations, and save the dates and the ability to customize your wedding announcements to match your unique style and personality. Basic Invite understands how important this day is to you; and they are dedicated to working hard to bring you a custom and unique wedding invitation. You get free envelopes with every invite, save the date and rsvp order, something you might find yourself paying for with other sites! You are also able to see an instant preview of your personalized stationery and change things like colors, text, patterns, photos and more with Basic Invite!
Traditionally, earth day congers up images of planting a tree. Trees are wonderful symbols of a healthy environment and can be appreciated for years as they last a lifetime. Trees have so many wonderful properties and I am sure we have heard all of them before. If you want to refresh your memory , visit our Tree Facts page.
Trees are the longest living organisms on the planet and one of the earth’s greatest natural resources. They keep our air supply clean, reduce noise pollution, improve water quality, help prevent erosion, provide food and building materials, create shade, and help make our landscapes look beautiful. Here are some more thought-provoking facts and figures about our oldest citizens and living treasures…trees!
In 2014 , we hear about all the other ways we can help our environment like turning the lights off, recycling etc. For Earth Day 2014, here is an idea:
Think about your neighborhood, 20 years in the future, what do you think it will look like, are those trees still going to be there, will we still have garbage pick up, transfer stations, parks, bike paths etc. I think we should think about something simple like green spaces, and planting flowers, herbs , trees and shrubs for all of us to enjoy today and for the benefit of our children and children’s children. We can all contribute and beautify our community by planting and encouraging green spaces.
Find your earth friendly wedding favors at Plant a Memory- Click Here!