Eloping always seems like such an amazing idea when you are in the throes of wedding planning. It can be stressful to try and coordinate families for a day of fun and merriment, and your wedding is probably the most exciting and yet most stressful day that you will ever have. Some couples decide to throw in the towel when it comes to wedding planning and just go abroad for their big day. The biggest issue about that though, is that couples want their family to be there to witness the biggest day of their lives, even if they are a total pain to deal with.
You could decide to check out https://sweethawaiiwedding.com for wedding package ideas before you make your final choice, but it’s important to remember that you could always have a reception at home for the family who cannot make the day itself. That way, everyone gets to celebrate with you in some way or another. The important thing to remember is that this is your big day; not your mother’s, not your grandparents, yours. It’s up to you how you want to spend it or organize it and no one should ever make you feel bad for those choices. So, what are the pros and cons of ditching the wedding planning stress and running abroad?
- The new location adds an exotic magic to your day. It doesn’t matter whether you are in the snowy mountains or the sunny beach; the entire sensory outdoor experience will change your life.
- A destination wedding is often less expensive, as a package deal comes with a built-in location for honeymoon. You also get a planner on your side who is working only for you within that package to help your day come together.
- You can invite a more intimate guest list, meaning that all those extended family you would have felt obligated to invite will no longer feature.
- You have the choice to elope, just the two of you and not tell a soul until you get back.
- A travel agent can organise the whole thing – how relaxing is that?!
- If you are a homebody who wants their whole family there, that may not be a possibility.
- You could cause some family upset and it’s very likely people will get offended at not receiving an invitation to your big day.
- You may not get as much control over the whole day as you would at home, which can be frightening for the control freaks out there.
- You could regret not having the huge day you dreamed of as a child.
- A wedding abroad plus a reception at home can be costly.
- You can’t guarantee the sun, even in an exotic climate.
Ultimately, you have to be comfortable with the decision that you made for your big day. If you’d regret it in any way, then it’s best not to put the money out for a wedding abroad. Take your time, plan it right and you can have a dream day.